Position: Center Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Status: Exempt/Non-Exempt (full-time 40 hours)
Degree: HS diploma or GED
Salary Range: $9.75 – 10:00 to start DOE
This responsible work in the field of behavioral health is to assist in the identification, planning, implementation, supervision, and monitoring of a consumer-run recovery center for persons living with mental illness and/or substance abuse. The employee must have a working knowledge of available community resources and knowledge of the problems of mental illness and substance abuse. This employee is to exercise sound judgment and to perform assigned duties in a timely manner.
1. Model recovery by utilization of personal recovery tools in order to be a role model for members.
2. Assuring the NAZCARE vision, mission, policies, procedures and strategic plan are supported and adhered to at their assigned center.
3. Promoting a recovery-based center by assuring training/groups are available and promoted to members to teach them Recovery tools and skills.
4. Marketing center programs and assuring center remains viable by providing services equal to or exceeding assigned value of service.
5. Monitoring and maintaining assigned budget.
6. Assuring the development and implementation of recovery activities and programs include members, and are in support of NAZCARE vision, mission, policies, procedures and strategic plan.
7. Recruitment, orientation/training, scheduling and supervising center volunteers and/or staff.
8. Maintaining frequent contact with NAZCARE supervisory and administrative personnel, local service area agency, RSA, and other local agencies serving persons living with serious mental illness.
9. Ensuring that required documentation is secure, maintained, and filed in accordance with confidentiality compliance/ regulations.
10. Ensuring that the facility and vehicle(s) are maintained according to environment of care standards.
11. Assuring proper documentation is submitted to NAZCARE administrators in a timely manner.
12. Traveling, as necessary, to Prescott, Flagstaff, Phoenix and possibly other parts of the country for mandatory meetings and trainings.
13. Provide support and educational materials for members.
14. Completing other tasks as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
1. Knowledge and personal use of recovery principles, tools, and skills.
2. Knowledge of NARBHA and NAZCARE provider policies and procedures.
3. Knowledge of and ability to comply with NAZCARE and confidentiality regulations and procedures as they apply to membership records, billing and confidentiality.
4. Ability to supervise persons with disabilities.
5. Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
6. Ability to delegate appropriately, and refer situations beyond your training and ability to the appropriate authority.
7. Ability to use independent judgment and problem solving; to make decisions and take action in areas of responsibility.
8. Ability to be flexible in job assignments and to adjust priorities and procedures to accommodate changes.
9. Ability to meet deadlines in an orderly and timely manner.
10. Ability to adhere to the principles of NAZCARE’s Code of Conduct.
11. Ability to perform physical and intellectual tasks required to fulfill job responsibility.
12. Ability to work 30+ hours per week.
1. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school GED certificate.
2. Experience and/or training in supervision.
3. Background/introductory knowledge of behavioral health problems, their nature, causes, and effects.
4. Preference to candidates with CPRP certification, a personal experience with mental illness and/or working with consumers and consumer-run programs.
5. Ability to be certified as a direct service provider for a Community Service Agency.
3. Current Arizona Driver’s License and evidence of an acceptable driving record for insurance purposes is preferred.
4. Strong organizational skills.
5. Strong written and oral communication skills.
6. Interest in and aptitude for consumer advocacy.
For More Information OR Employment Application visit NAZCARE